Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Departure: Four weeks!


    These past few months have gone by so fast!  So many things have happened and it's been amazing to see God continue to provide and organize the details of this trip.  When I bought my ticket in November, I knew that this trip was definitely something God wanted me to do.   A missions trip was something that had been on my heart for many years.  But I had no idea when, where, or how.  So, all throughout 2014, it was humbling to see God open the doors for me to go to Bethesda Outreach in South Africa.
     Ever since I bought the ticket, I have been simply amazed at God's faithfulness and overwhelming presence throughout all my preparations.  I had my plans for how everything would work out, but throughout these months, I have learned so much about trusting and following God's lead.  It's not always easy to trust when things don't make sense from my human perspective.   But the Lord has been preparing my heart and opening my eyes to His plans.  And I'm finding that His ways are so much greater and better than my ways.  What an exciting adventure to live day by day trusting the Lord and to simply be amazed at His perfect ways!  It is such a comforting thought that He has all the details planned out and all I have to do is follow His lead!
    I'm rounding the last corner of preparations now.  Only four more weeks until I leave.  My schedule until departure is very full.  Yet, I am SO excited for this trip!   Recently, the Lord has really impressed on me the importance of serving and investing in relationships - ultimately, so that I can proclaim Christ.  So often, I get caught up in my own "to-do" list that I forget to look around me and find time to reach out.  I become so busy that I'm not available to serve.   In light of eternity, my personal accomplishments, projects, and "to-do" lists will have little significance if I do not prioritize investing in relationships and sharing Christ's love with others by serving and ministering to them.
    I'm learning to make ministry/serving/relationships a main priority in my everyday life here in the States.  And I am super excited about this trip and how it will allow me to focus 100% on investing in the lives of people.  I won't have any pressing personal obligations or projects.  I will be able to dedicate myself completely to ministering to the children and staff at Bethesda Outreach.  What a wonderful opportunity!
  
As I spend these next few weeks here in the States, here are some prayer requests that I have:
  • Wise time management - that I would redeem the time and properly balance school, projects, and preparations
  • Quality time with family and friends - that I would prioritize the importance of relationships even in the midst of the hustle and bustle of deadlines, preparations, and packing.
  • An open heart to the Lord's working - that I would keep my eyes fixed on Christ and seek Him above all else. 
I have been overwhelmed by the loving support of my family and friends throughout these months.  Thank you so much for your prayers, encouragement, and support - what a wonderful gift from God!  

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you, Hannah, and will continue praying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post, Hannah - great reminder to really focus on what matters. You're in my prayers! Love you! ;)

    ReplyDelete