Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Ready for Take-Off!

The surprise cake from my Sunday School Class - I am so blessed with an amazing Church family!

Lord willing, in 28 hours, I'll be boarding a plane headed for South Africa.  I can't wait.  This past week at home has been super good for me.  The Lord knew I needed an extra week at home to simply be still, take a break from all the hustle and bustle, and simply be faithful in the little things.  One of my prayer requests for this trip is that the Lord would teach me flexibility, to simply serve however He wants me to.  This week was a great start to learning this.  I am constantly amazed at the Lord's perfect plan....just when I think I've figured it out, He gives me something far better :).  

As I look back at these past few months, I am simply overwhelmed at God's faithfulness to me.    For some years now, He has given me this desire to take a missions trip.  And so I prayed that He would open up a door if that was His will.   Then, at the beginning of this year, He showed me this opportunity to go to Bethesda Outreach.  Again and again, He has confirmed that this is exactly where He wants me to go.   He has figured out the perfect timing and gave me the perfect flights (which are different than I originally thought).   He has supplied exceedingly abundantly above my financial needs for this trip.  I am simply overwhelmed by the generosity of my family and friends.   And not only financially, but the Lord has blessed me with an amazing group of family and friends who are supporting me through prayers and heart-felt encouragement.  I am so grateful for the love that has been poured out to me.

I don't know why I ever doubt God's provision.  When I initially made the plans for this trip, I really had no idea how He would supply.  But I've learned that when I follow the Lord's leading, He will never disappoint me.  I simply need to trust and obey.   His ways always surpass my wildest dreams.

And as I look at all these way God has provided, I am confident that South Africa is where the Lord wants me for the next seven weeks.   I am so excited.  I don't know exactly what the Lord has in store for me through this trip.  But I can't wait to find out.

As I take-off, here are a few prayer requests that I have:
  • Health and safety as I travel.  It's going to be a long flight - pray for an extra measure of patience and grace.
  • An open heart to the Lord's leading and teaching.  Like I said, so much is unknown - pray that I would learn and grow according to His perfect plan for this trip. 
  • A servant's spirit in whatever opportunities He puts in my path.  I'm going to serve - pray that I would do so joyfully and with a heart to minister to people.  
  • A Gospel-centered mindset.  To live is Christ - pray that I would point people to Christ and that He would be glorified in all that I do and say.  

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip! I know God will work in and through you as you're making yourself available to Him. You're in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete